Does Anguilla Have Mosquitos?
From the Anguilla Local News - Site Map.
All it takes is
one mosquito to ruin a nights sleep.
In Anguilla, as in all tropical countries, there are some mosquitos, but
the arid climate normally keeps the problem down.
They are worst from June to December,
the rainy season. Tricks:
Revised: December 23, 1997
- Close your house between 4 and 6 PM,
when they are most active.
If you forget and your bedroom is full of mosquitos, spray around the
edges of your rooms and under furniture and in closets with
BOP or another brand of bug spray, close
the room and come back in 10 minutes.
- Rub Johnson & Johnson's OFF on your
arms and ankles before you go out for dinner.
- At night you can burn mosquito coils by the bed, or use the electronic
kind (VAPE wafers and heater, often for sale at Vista). This
sends the mosquitos elsewhere, but does not kill them.
- Light citronella candles or mosquito coils when you sit
on the veranda to watch the sunset (buy them at Vista or Ashleys).
This sends the mosquitos away. OFF also makes a yard spray to
clear the area.
- Mosquitos migrate to dark colors and places out of
the wind. So if you leave your car in the garage with
the windows open, expect to find it full of them!
- Spread Avon SkinSoSoft
bath oil over yourself when you step out of the shower and
before you dry (the odor appears to discourage mosquitos and
you can buy a bottle at Ashley's).
- Plant Neem trees -- they discourages bugs.